Tuesday, January 17, 2012

39...The Year of ME

I'm very proud to say that I'm 39.  I don't hide behind my age I get better with age.  I'm like a fine red wine, I get better with age.  OK so enough of me and my obnoxious self.

At first when I set out 2012 it was about what this year was going to do for ME.  All month leading up to today it's been about how I'm going to change this and I'm going to change that and I'm going to do it for me.  Well today I had such mixed emotions knowing that I really can't just do this for ME.  It has to be about others.  Today I realized that I want to improve my health, wellness, waistline, and athletic ability for myself but also so that I can be around a long time for my wonderful husband, so we're able to grow old together and have a fun life, watch our kids grow from babies, to toddlers, to school agers, to middle school, to high school, college, first heartbreak, first time they fall in love and when they get married and have their own kids and finally figure out how GENIUS mom and dad truly are (Yes, Tom & Cathy Syferd...you are genius) ...but seriously this is what I want in my life.  I don't want to be tired because I am to heavy, I want to be tired because I worked my tail off all day and at the end of the day I truly need rest so I can be strong and serve.

Serving to me is showing others love and showing God's grace and mercy.  Serving is taking care of my body so I can serve the way I feel the Lord calling me to serve.  I really don't know what this looks like in a year, 2 years, etc but I know God does.

Today while running I was really not having a good run.  I really just wanted to kind of mope and fizzle.  About half way in I said to myself..come on you can do this....just do it and own it.  Then I remembered my good friend, Connie and her husband, Don and how they started their weight loss journey and their passion of running exactly 2 years ago.  They have come so far and have gained so much of their lives back this is what I want for myself and for Andy.

I realize that while I take time for myself to work on my health and physical appearance that it's not selfish and it's not just about the year of ME it's about the year of you and how on this journey I hope to serve as many as needed.

Thanks for letting me share this with you and thank you for all the well wishes on my facebook wall, emails, texts, and phone calls.  I really like to use my car as a reflection tool and like many I use this time to talk to God.  Just talk.  I guess you'd say prayer but God wants a personal relationship so I talk and He listens and when I am quiet long enough I hear him whisper and I know when I hear that whisper I really need to listen.  I'm so blessed....just beyond measure.

1 comment:

busymom said...

Great insight Tiffany! I feel the same way. God has shown me that it is okay to spend some time on myself so that I can do more for Him and my family. Keep up the good work! God bless. Carole