Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ode to my sweet Andy

Oh Andy how do I love thee...let me count the ways.

I just wanted to take a minute to write a blog about my precious husband.  I love him more today than I did the day I said "I do".  I've known he was the one by the time we went out on our 2nd date, New Years Eve 1996.  His face is so sweet, round, nice, happy, caring and his eyes twinkle.  He's my gentle giant with hands that are so soft and sweet but equally big and strong.  He has amazing wisdom and and even better sense of humor. He's crazy smart not only in books but in life.  He is such an amazing cook (Mom, you were right I needed a man that can cook and thank God I found him).  What he loves he is so passionate about.  He's simple and doesn't require much and his life is an act of service.  He is always serving others before himself.  He is devoted to God, me, to our kids, the family outside our 4 walls, friends and would do anything to help in times of need.

We've been married for 13 years together for almost 15.  We have had many more ups than downs but the times in the down is when we've become stronger.  When the love isn't about romance and flowers but trust and respect.  To know you can trust a single person with everything and to know that no matter what he will always be there loving me unconditionally.  That is powerful.

Andy has been and is my rock...You are my shelter, my best friend, my comic, my personal weather man and you're all mine.  You're stuck with me until we are parted by death.

Thank you Andy for giving me the freedom to do what I want, for letting me be bossy only to realize that really I should have listened more to you and for not throwing it my face when really I deserved it.  Thank you for your constant and un-wavering support in all that makes me passionate about my life, our lives and our kids' lives.

Thank you for giving me you... I love you, then, now, forever and always!

I heard this song today for the first time and it touched my soul.



I love you and I thank God for you every day...Thank you for being mine!  

1 comment:

Copper Creek Guy said...

To use a phrase from my mom - "That Andy, he's a good boy".