Monday, March 14, 2011

One Bite at a Time one Decision at a Time

I recently found a blog created buy this awesome woman named Jen.  The name of her blog is Prior Fat Girl She sells all kinds of cool items and she recently ran a sale so I bought a couple of things.  One of them being a plastic bracelet that says "One bite at a time one decision at a time".  This is soooo me!  I had to get it!  That is how I'm WINNING in this race is by taking this one bite at a time and one decision at a time.  Like many I'm human and I've fallen but rather than beat myself up I get back up and get back to work.

I've recently had some pretty emotional things happen to me personally.  I don't really want to bore you with the details but it's been a rough go lately.  All in all on the food end I've done good.  Not great but not horrible.  In the past when I would get like this I would just PIG out and have no regard for what I was feeding my body.  I think this time around rather than fall so deep into a depression and food coma because of the decisions I was making I came back around faster than in the past.  Don't get me wrong there were times I wanted to face plant into the worst food possible but I resisted.

Last week I was not able to run or work out until Friday thanks to mother nature.  Friday came and I knew I could work out and I killed it on the stair climber.  Mom, dad if you're reading this close your eyes because I'm going to say a bad word....I love that bitch...The stair climber.  I love to just get all sick and gross and sweaty and just go after it.  Friday I did 73 (I think) flights of stairs in 30 minutes.  It was so therapeutic!

Today I realized I really need to do more core work so I did our 15 minute core class that is held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday before I ran.  Today I wanted to run outside but I forgot my running pants.  It was just a tad bit to cold to run outside in shorts today.  I did the treadmill today.  It was tough!  I am doing the Couch-to-5K running plan and I'm on week 4 day 3.  Needless to say I'm going back to week 4 day 1 so today really was week 4 day 1 and Wednesday will be day 2.  It starts off by walking/warming up for 5 minutes then run for 3 minutes then walk for 90 seconds run for 5 minutes walk for 2.5 minutes run for 3 minutes then walk for 90 seconds run for 5 minutes and then cool down/walk for 5 minutes.  Today I was hurting hard core at that last 5 minutes and I wanted soooo badly to just stop running.  I think my heart rate was up in the 180's.  I have 3 women in my life that I consider my fitness and nutrition mentors, they are Connie, Brooke and Amber.  So in my head I'm chanting "WWCB&AD"...."What Would Connie, Brooke & Amber Do?"  They would run through it just to prove themselves wrong, that they are strong enough and that they can do it and if they were beside me helping me get through this work out they would be yelling at me (in a good way) to push through it and to do it and finish strong.  So that I did...I finished strong.  I ended this run with a lot of emotions.  Happy that I did finish strong but also scared with that little person in the back of your head that says do you really think you can do this?  Do you really think you can run a half marathon in October?  I'll tell you the answer to this question at first was...I'm not sure, I don't think so and then in the next breath I told myself to shut the *beep* up and that yes I was going to do this and nothing is stopping me.

Friday is payday and Friday it will be official...I will be signed up for the Des Moines Half Marathon that will take place on October 16, 2011

No comments: