Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Are you there blog? it's me Tiffany...

Oh it's been so long since I last wrote anything.  I've missed blogging but just not sure what to say.  Haven't felt like I've had much to say honestly.  I admit it...I kind of went into a funk.  I didn't eat myself out of this funk but I did kind of lose that lovin' feeling.

As I last blogged about I injured my left knee.  I tore my patellar tendon (the tendon that connects your knee cap to your shin bone) in my left knee.  I have been in physical therapy since the beginning of May.  I was cleared to start running again at a very slow and steady pace 2 weeks ago.  I re-started the Couch 2 5K program.

The good in this injury is I learned that do NOT increase your mileage by more than 10% a week.  No matter how good you feel DON'T DO IT (this is me talking to me not me talking to you).  Second and my most proud is my daughter, Anna, who will be 9 on Sunday has decided to join me in training to run a 5K. I'm so proud of her.  It is so wonderful to see her struggle to run through but then to do it and see her face light up when she did it and see how happy and proud she is of her accomplishments.  She is pushing me and I'm pushing her and it's been a wonderful thing to go through with her.  I can't wait to run a 5K together.

Weight wise I've maintained so that's good news.  I hadn't been that great on logging all of my foods but I have re-started my sparkpeople journal and find that while I don't obsess over calories I realize how much keeping a food log helps me stay true to the plan.

This week has been a good training week.  Monday I ran my week 2 day 1 of the C25K and my knee did hurt quite a bit after stretching and I was pretty bummed.  I sent, Connie  my weight loss and running mentor, a text telling her I thought I was about done with this running gig.  But I woke up Tuesday morning feeling great and went to the gym did a 15 minute core class and then did 20 minutes on the bike and felt great.  Today I ran outside.  I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods but here it's the 2nd day of summer and it feels like October and it should be time for some football.  Back to today...I ran in the chili summer day, with spitting rain hitting my face.  It was so awesome to sweat with the chill on my face.  There is something I love about being a little chilled and sweating.  I am one of those freaks that if the wind is not blowing and it's 25 outside and the walks are clear for the most part I'm running.  I love to run in the cold and I also really love to run in the heat.  Really I just love to get sweaty gross.  The more sweaty I get the better.  There is truly nothing better than finishing a work out and just basking in the glory of hard work and sweat...

Until next time (and I promise I won't be gone for so long this time).

No comments: