Monday, August 8, 2011

Ode to the outdoors

So I haven't written in a long time.  Way to long.  I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow and chances are I'm done with PT.  WOOT HOOT!!!  I can say that I have learned a lot about myself coming out of an injury.  I learned too that my injury was due to shoes.  My shoes were to small and not right for my feet.  I now have the perfect shoes and my knee and I are in love again!!

Recently it began to cool down enough to run outside again which is so choice.  I have missed running outside.  I have picked up a running buddy at work.  In the last year she has run 2 marathons and she hurt herself this last time and had to scale way back so now she's on my level (LOL).  We've ran together twice and I'm so thankful for her.  She is just the sweetest person.  Another co-worker started the C25K program based on my raving about it.  She was off to a strong start but then her knee started acting like mine and I told her she has to stop, make sure she's got the right shoes and showed her some of my PT stretches.  Then she caught my sinus infection...Sorry girly.

Today marks a milestone since my injury...20 minutes running up hills with out stopping.  It was a *beep* of a run but I loved it!!  What is that...the more it hurts the better.  The more it makes me internally want to quit the better.  I think I love it because for once I will not give up and that pain is the kick in the ace that I need to get me to the next victory!

My PT thinks I should expect to run the whole half but to finish for sure and that this year is my goal.  I want to finish...I have so much doubt right now but I'm running through it and pressing forward.  Next year I'll do it to run the entire thing then train the following year for the full.  I want to be almost 41 and running my 1st marathon.

Sorry this is short but I just felt like writing a quick not.  Now off to rest and do it all again tomorrow.


No comments: