Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Running .... Keep Running

The count down is on to the Des Moines Marathon. I'm only doing the half. My goal for this year is to finish. I don't care about the time but just finish. Since hurting my knee in May and going through physical therapy my therapist told me I should not run the whole half to avoid future injury. She said the best training program for me would be to run 10 minutes walk 5 and do that until I finish. Right now I do about an 11-12 minute mile so I'm trying to get my time down to 10 minutes but if I don't no biggie...I just want to do it and be able to finally say I completed SOMETHING.


That has always been my downfall...I have great hopes and dreams for success and go at it hard in the beginning but then fizzle out. I've done this with my weight for years! While I still slip up more than I should I can feel and see a change in me. There is something different this time. This time I'm not going to fizzle out. This time I have made a choice to be stronger to not give up.

All I have running in my head right now is Eminem's song 'Til I Collapse...
'Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that s* out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.

So this year I finish, next year I run the full 13.1 and when I'm 40 in October 2013 run the full 26.2!

Running...Keep running...If you don't run then move...just move!!!









No comments: