Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not much to do with a skinny girl trapped in a fat body but....

As a woman it really is such a shame that we don't put more value on ourselves and consider ourselves more successful and worthy.

We (men too) are beautiful creatures created in God's image.  I know there have been times that I don't feel like I'm beautiful, valued, worthy, successful, etc.   Where I have learned to love myself no matter what condition I'm in is in the times of struggle.  I am so thankful for every psycho moment I put myself through and those that love me the  most.  In the midst of the struggle it's not fun but it took those struggles to get me where I am today.

WARNING:  Deeply personal moment about to come out:

I hate the fact that it took my husband telling me "Tiffany, I love you and will never leave you but if you keep this up I can't guarantee that I will be in love with you forever."   This was back in 2004 by the way...

In that moment I think it's fair to say that I hated him for saying that to me HOWEVER it was the best thing he said to me.  It smacked me right across my face and forced me to get help for myself.  If I didn't get help for myself my life would be worthless.  What good would I be to a man that committed to love me and be with me forever, what kind of a woman would I be,  what kind of child would I be to my parents, what kind of sister would I be to my sister, what kind of mother would I be, what kind of a friend would I be?  Even bigger what kind of child of God would I be?

Now can I say since I've received help with therapy, Rx, vitamins, diet and excersize that life is a bowl of cherries and all is great and wonderful...NO but what I can tell you is that I embrace the hard times and look for the silver lining in everything.  From everything bad there is good.

Just remember that no matter what you are worth it, you are worthy, you are a success, you are beautiful, you are strong.  If you don't feel that way please I urge you to get help and know that if you ever want to talk I'm here too.  Not that I'm all wise and worthy but I am a good listener and do have a little insight.

To quote the great Stuart Smalley, "I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me."

No comments: