Monday, January 17, 2011

It's been way to long...

So I started this blog to share my journey for anyone that wanted to read and for myself and I've not been faithful in blogging.

So take 2...My journey is still on path and I've been successful.

Since I last blogged I ran a 5K.  I did the Iowa State Fairgrounds 5K on November 7, 2010 and I did it in 56 minutes.  I did a 2 mile fun run/Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving mooring in the BITTER Iowa cold and my time was 33 minutes.  I shaved 1 minute 7 seconds off my mile.  No races since due to the winter weather but I have continued to work out, running on the treadmill, doing the couch to 5K program and building from there.  I'm going to do the fight for air climb at the end of March and I'm on the fence about doing the Red Flannel 3 mile run in Feburary.  It will depend on the weather honestly.

At my gym durning the holidays (Thanksgiving to New Year) we had a "maintain don't gain" program and I didn't maintain or gain but I LOST 7 pounds!  YEA!  Go Me!

2011 has been off to a slow start.  At the end of 2010 I developed yet again another case of strep throat. I think that put me up to #4 or 5 for 2010 and in the last 3 years probably 15 cases total.  Needless to say I had my tonsils removed on 01/11/11 and currently am sidelined from eating anything of substance and working out.  The silver lining in getting what my ENT said "meatballs" (yes the ENT referred to my tonsils as meatballs and that he'd never seen tonsils so large and so damaged) removed is I'm down 10 pounds.  I hope to not gain that back at all once I can regain my normal healthy eating and working out.

The pastor at our Church yesterday challenged us to use our talents God has given us.  For years I've thought I have no talents to offer and yesterday it hit me and almost knocked me over...I am going to inspire to Run to be Radiant.  I want to run to use my temple to glorify God.  Andy, my husband is a wonderful cook!!  His talent is cooking healthy and cooking on a tight budget.  He LOVES to see how much he can buy for how little.  We are going to talk to our pastor soon on how we can use our talents to help our church.  

So that was the year end in review for me and what is going on thus far in 2011 for me.  For now this blog will be a little slow but not for long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiffany, you are doing great! I'm so proud that you have stuck with this and are actually doing it! You look great and I know you feel great. Keep it up!

life with my 3 sohns said...

You are amazing and I love you my sweet friend! Looking forward to more updates from you :)