Monday, January 31, 2011

Euphoria

"Euphoria: is medically recognized as a mental and emotional state defined as a profound sense of well-being.[1] Technically, euphoria is an affect,[2] but the term is often colloquially used to define emotion as an intense state of transcendent happiness combined with an overwhelming sense of contentment."

This is what Wikipedia says is the definition of Euphoria. 

Despite the news of my husband finding out he has cancer in his left thigh I feel very Euphoric today.  Back story on Andy's leg.  The bad news: It's cancer the good news: once the tumor is removed (02-11-11 is surgery date) he will be cancer free.  We are so thankful that if he has to have this terrible disease in his body that God is good and allowed this to be the best of the worst kind of news we could expect. 

Today is my first day back to work, back to the gym, back to a real routine.  It feels good to be back! 

Today I dominated the treadmill.  I wish I would have brought my outdoor gear so I could run outside because it was decent enough to do so and will be the last time for a while before it is decent enough to do so.  I decided that I was going to start over on the couch to 5K program.  So week 1 work out is walk at a brisk pace for 5 minutes then run for 1 minute walk for 90 seconds repeat for 20 minutes end by walking for 5 minutes total time 30 minutes.  Do this 3 times this week. 

In the past (like in December) I would walk at 3mph and run at 4mph.  Today I thought I want to see what I can do so I still did my walking at 3mph and bumped up my running speed to 4.5mph.  I know to most this is child's play but for me..this was good news!  I'm thinking Wednesday I'm going to bump my speed up to 5mph

Weight loss while out on medical leave was 12 pounds.  Now the key is to keep those off. 

My thought of the day:  If dreading eating right or working out think of it like this.  Why do you go to work?  Or if your a homemaker why do you take care of your children, clean your house, pay the bills, etc?  Because you have to in order to survive.  When it comes to being healthy, being/becoming an athlete and weight loss this also becomes a job and like work (in and outside the home) it is rewarding.  Rewarding with a paycheck, job well done, clean home, great kids, money in your checking/savings account.   Work  is necessary in order to survive.  So before you put that bad food in your mouth or chose the couch over the treadmill think of how this will maximize your performance to get the best  results.

No comments: