Saturday, October 15, 2011

24 hours from right now....

I will have completed my first half marathon.  As I look back over this last year I'm just in awe.  I can not believe that one short year ago I was a volunteer taking off the runners timing chips and giving them their metals as they crossed the finish line.  I remember seeing some people just come in ear to ear grin, some come in with pure agony and pain, some with tears streaming down their faces, some very stoic because this is what they do for a living.  It's endless...

I'm telling you anyone can do this and if you don't think you can I dare you to try.  Prove to yourself that you are a failure and that you can't do this and then realize about 3 weeks into training the light goes on and you say you know what..I can do this!!!  Prove yourself wrong.  Anyone starting out I urge you to start with the Couch to 5K program.  That is the BEST way to start and avoid injury and then build from there.

I can't believe how much I've grown personally.  I'm not nearly as thin as I'd like to be but you know what this is a life and my metobalism stinks but you know what I will get to my goals.  I'm reaching for the stars and you know what while I'm not hitting the stars right now, I am on top of the world.

I want to end with thank you...Thank you to everyone for all your support, words, thoughts, prayers, etc.  Really I feel as if I'm cheating you with just a simple thank you but that really is all there is.  I'm humbled by the support.  Truly, my heart is so full of sheer joy and it's because of you!

So for now I bid you farewell, I'm off to sleep, wake up at 5:15am, shower, get all dolled up to sweat it all off, eat some oatmeal, have a cup of coffee, stretch, start and finish my first half marathon.

No comments: