Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hip Hip Horray For The Non-Scale Victories!!!!

Let's face it, I'm doing this blog, sparkpeople, running, healthy eating, etc to lose weight, get healthy, fit and support.

I'm a part of a biggest loser competition on sparkpeople.com and was kind of disappointed that I only lost 1 pound this last week. There is always room for improvement and I wasn't die hard all 7 days but still I thought more than 1 pound should be lost.

So today I head to the gym...I didn't want to go to the gym but I went anyway. My knee is giving me a little bit of a hard time so I decided I was going to do the stationary bike for a half hour just to get my heart rate up and sweat out some frustration.

As I'm on the bike grumbling under my breath I look down at my legs and I think to myself...Dang these old legs are looking pretty good! Then I realize the biggest change of all.

In the past when ever I would ride the stationary bike my stomach fat would move up and down about as fast as my legs. Well there was no stomach jiggle!

So what was a grrrr kind of work out pepped me right up and made me realize that while the scale doesn't tell me what I want it to doesn't mean that I'm not making progress. So hip hip hooray for non-scale victories...What are yours?

No comments: