Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hi Stranger

Gosh it's been AGES since I last used this blog.  It's not that I haven't been blogging it's that I've been blogging for Family Circle Magazine.  As I'm sure you know we were part of a six month challenge with Family Circle Magazine for healthy and fit living.  It was a great experience and one that I miss.

Since the challenge has completed I lost my mojo.  I have a pattern.  I do so good for so long or I set a goal and I reach it and then once it's over I kind of go into self.  It's not on purpose I think I just get burnt out.  Although I am happy to report that I didn't totally lose myself like I did after the half marathon last October.  I've not gone into "post race blues" or anything like that.  I am still training 3 times a week but my food intake has suffered.  I have gained back 8 of the 30 I've lost since the beginning of 2012.

Yesterday here in my hometown was the Color Run.  I had plans on doing the race but I just didn't follow through.  I had people ask me about it in passing and it just came and went and I never did get signed up.  Last night I was texting with my good friend, Wendy, who did her first race and her excitement and her new addiction lit a fire in me.  We decided we are going to run the Fairgrounds 5K next month.  It was my very first race I ever did when I started on this journey.  It's a very hilly race but I really love it!  I'm so excited to be doing this with Wendy (and anyone else that wants to join us).

Today I went out for my first run in AGES.  Felt great to be out there again and pushing myself.  My goal is to train with my personal trainer, Lass, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening and do the Couch-to-5K every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.  The C25K program is a great program to add into a fitness routine and one that will help ease back into running with out injury.

I'm going to do my best to write a blog at least 3 times a month to help hold myself accountable.  I did so much writing over the last 6 months that I was kind of burnt out but I'm ready to start back up.  Plus this blog is just for my friends and not for the masses that check out Family Circle's website.  Plus here I can ramble, I ramble a lot with the FC blog too but this is different.  This is my own, this is my baby and something that is all mine.

I hope those reading this are living a fit, whole, and well life.

No comments: