Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What a day...

WOW what a day this was today.  First I go to the gym blow my personal record away on the elliptical then I need to still burn 117 calories to meet my 500 calories for the day and I emailed my trainer and said what do I need to do and she said tonight is beautiful take your kids for a walk around and do a mile and you'll be at 500 calories for today. 

I called Andy on the way home from work and said I'm heading to daycare to get the kids and I'm going to take them for a walk around Cooper Creek pond.  It's 1.2 miles around.  I asked him if he wanted to join us.  Of course he met us there.  The kids had races while Andy and I got some chat time while getting our fitness in and just being able to connect as a family with nature is just blissful.  I loved it.  After our walk Andy went home to get a jump on dinner (yes my man cooks and loves it and so do I) and the kids and I stopped at the little play area they had.  That was the reward for walking around the pond. 

Anna says to me...Mom I loved tonight.  It was so fun to just be out there as a family and I feel healthy.  That just made my heart go a pitter patter...We have been on this healthy life kick for a while.  Granted we've done it better lip service than we truly have our bodies but it's kind of starting to gel.  I'm kind of getting it and best of all I think Anna is too. 

We've been letting Anna stay up late and watch the Biggest Loser with us and she's really taking it in and has said a thing or two about being healthy and how she's realizing that it's really important on what she puts into her body.  Sure we've said some stuff to her but really she's getting it and wants to live a healthy life. 

Today has been great...now it's time to sleep to get up and do it all over again tomorrow.  Wish me luck. My goal is to burn at least 500 on the ARC trainer in 30 minutes.  My personal longest on the ARC is 15 minutes.  That thing scares the crap out of me.

PS....So far doing awesome on my no chocolate goal!  I did "cheat" today and had a mini tootsie roll.  What was that like 1 calorie and 2 grams of sugar.  I thought of Bethanny Frankel the whole time while eating it.  Just enjoyed it for the little pleasure it was and really focused on every bite and that was all I needed.  Who knew you didn't need to shove a half bag of tootsie rolls down your face before you realized what you done and then you no longer enjoy that little pleasure.

OK off to bed I go. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job Tiff! I'm so proud of you! I know you can do this. Failure is just no longer an alternative. I'm preggers and fighting the fight with you still! Keep it up!