Monday, October 11, 2010

Are you there blog...it's me, Tiffany

Hello old friend.  I haven't forgot about you.   I just haven't had time to write.  I'm trying to get in at least 8 hours of sleep a night because I read that people that get 8 hours of sleep lose 57% more weight.

So the last week in a nutshell.  All good except for Saturday.  Andy and I just celebrated 12 years of wedded bliss and Saturday was my "cheat" day.  I met my fitness goals, my goal was to burn 3500 calories and I managed to burn almost 3800!  Woo Hoo!!

Today I went to the gym determined to meet my 500 daily calorie burn and I did it.  I did a 15 minute abdominal class and did 40 minutes on the elliptical.  I wanted to quit about 10 minutes in but I didn't.  I was on the elliptical next to a co-worker who needs to lose weight for his blood pressure and we kind of motivate the other to get in the gym and get our sweat on.  He was going at a good pace so I just matched up with him.  In 40 minutes I "ran" 3.5 miles and burned more than 425.  425 was my goal for the elliptical but I did more.  Woo Hoo.

So doing good.  I'm going to measure tomorrow.  I think it's been a month since I vowed to change and that means time for measurements and pictures of progress.

No comments: