Thursday, October 21, 2010

Training

Well I've officially started to train for my half.  It's been announced that it's on 10/16/11.  I'm so excited!!!

I started training on Monday.  I did a run/walk on the treadmill for a half hour.  I would run for 60 seconds and walk for 90.  Tuesday I did the elliptical for 40 minutes and did some walking out on the trails at work. Wednesday I ran outside...woah it is so different to run outside than inside.  I loved it but it was hard.  I will run again outside tomorrow too.

My big goal is to run the half and my small goal along the way is to run several 5k's, 10k's, 20k in June and maybe another 5k or 10k and then the big dance on 10/16/11.  So I have small attainable goals in the process not just the BIG goal that is out there 360ish days from now.

I'm so excited and honestly kind of proud of myself.  I am starting to see this old body shrink and I am loving it!  I might just have to change the name of my blog...Nahh  I love it.

No comments: