Monday, October 4, 2010

Fun Size Butterfinger

Today I decided I was going to treat myself to a fun size Butterfingers.  I decide rather than shove the small treat down in one or two bites I was going to take a tiny bite, really focus on how good it tastes, and just think of the small joy it gave me.  Funny thing happened..not funny ha, ha but you know what I mean.  So I'm 3 bites in and I realize this isn't as good as it once was.  It was great the first two bites but after that it was just to sweet and just didn't taste like I wanted it to.

I work next to several "Betty Crocker's" and one gal brought in chocolate chip muffins and the other rice crispy treats with fruit loops.  I couldn't believe myself when I looked at them and really kind of turned my nose up to them.  Not in a snotty way but in a way that I thought I don't want to even put that into my body.  That will do me no good.  I've resisted them all day.  It's 2:15 and they are still sitting there and by now in the past I would have had at least 2 or 3 of them. 

It's wonderful how you realize what your body needs and what it doesn't need and when you actually listen to her and feed her what she needs she's really a lot nicer to you! 

Today started my 6 week challenge at the gym today.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, burned 225 and did a 15 minute core class and that was about 50 calories burnt.  So far today I've walked 3840 steps.  I've had an over all very healthy food day with the exception of the fun size Butterfinger. 
 

No comments: