Friday, October 15, 2010

Half Marathon or Not?

As you know I'm doing this calorie challenge and so far I'm doing very well.  I'm surprised at how well I'm doing actually.  I'm impressed with myself. 

This weekend is the Des Moines half and full marathon.  My friend, Jenny, was supposed to run the half this year however she hurt her ankle and can not run so the two of us are going to volunteer to remove time tags from the runners shoes and hand out metals once they cross the finish line. 

So in my quest to no longer be a skinny girl trapped in this fat body I'm strongly considering going for the half marathon this time 2011.  My good friend in NY who is my inspiration has gone from over 300 pounds to 199 (goal is 160ish) in a year and she's ran a half and her husband has ran a full marathon.   This same friend has told me that she would really like to see me become a "true" runner. 

I used to run cross country in high school.  I was never very fast but I always finished.  That is my new goal...to not be the fastest but to finish..  Slow and steady wins the race...

I need to think on this more and talk to Andy about it....

Stay tuned for final decision.

No comments: