Monday, February 7, 2011

Ode to Cottage Cheese, Celery & Peanut Butter

Oh how I love thee... You make a perfect lunch for me.

So you guessed it...right now I'm eating cottage cheese, celery and peanut butter.  So good!  I seriously think I could eat a tub of cottage cheese a day! 

Food wise this past weekend.  Not great but not horrible.  Andy made the BEST steak EVER on Saturday.  I swear that man is the best cook.  I'm so blessed to have a man that is not only passionate about me but about his food that he serves his family.  I'm also blessed to have a man that cooks period.  My mom used to tell me while growing up "You'd better hope you find a man that likes to cook."  Luck me, I did!  I don't mind cooking but I don't enjoy it near the amount that Andy does. 

Yesterday was the Superbowl.....To say I'm a happy girl today is an under statement.  I love love love the Greenbay Packers.  Sad that the season is over but as a fan of the Packers I'm just thrilled. 

I'm doing the couch to 5K running program.  Today started week 2 day 1:  walk for 5 minutes, run for 90 seconds and walk for 2 minutes, continue for 20 minutes then do a 5 minute cool down.  HOLY COW that extra 30 seconds of running is tough but it feels so good!  I seriously love this.  I can't wait to continue on this journey and see what is front of me.

I'm not a big fan of Oprah but thought this was a good quote:

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."


-Oprah Winfrey

No comments: