Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today is a "Work Day"

So on Monday I preached how living healthy and working out is work and it's necessary?  You may not want to do it but really you have to in order to sustain your life.  That is me today.  I think it's related to all this snow and cold we have right now.  I didn't get to work today until 9am so today was kind of off.  I was *this* close to not going to the gym today but I thought to myself...you have to practice what you preach.  I'm not even sure if many read this but I do and writing this down is serious for me because I hold myself accountable and I know that if some one else reads this and is hoping to be moved how can I help that person move if I don't do it?  How is me skipping today going to slow me down in my goals to a healthy and fit life?  How is skipping today going to help me run my half marathon on 10/16/11?

So I did it....  Today was day 2 of week 1 of the Couch to 5K program.  Once I hit the treadmill I knew it was going to be a good work out and I was thankful to be there.  On Monday I shared I increased my running speed from 4mph to 4.5mph.  Today I increased my speed from 4.5mph to 4.8mph.  When it was the 90 seconds of walk time I did 3.1mph vs the 3mph.  I know that's a little lame but the running is hard core! 

I must confess I did treat myself to a  tall skinny mocha today from McDonald's.  I loved it but it didn't love me.  When am I going to learn that my body just can not take sugar any more.  HA!  I haven't had one in AGES so once in a blue moon isn't to bad for me.  I did count for those calories and I did burn them off so it's all good.  Other wise in food news today I've been very good.  Really the food thing is getting easier and easier all the time.  My body just doesn't crave the bad for you food anymore.  I do however log everything that touches my lips.  I didn't do this while recovering from having my tonsils removed..HA what was I going to write down...I consumed 500 calories in apple juice today and the rest of the day water. 

If you are reading and you want to track my food that I eat feel free to find me on sparkpeople.com and my user name is TIFANO.  If you don't use sparkpeople I would encourage you to do so.  It's amazing and best of all it's FREE!  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SparkPeople.  I'm reading the book "The Spark" on my iPod Touch too.  Great book

No comments: