Monday, February 28, 2011

So Blessed

Sorry for being absent.  I haven't felt like I had much to share or inspiring.

I realized today that I am so blessed beyond measure and I have to write about it.  I'm not going to lie and tell you that I had the glass as half full outlook this whole time because I have not.  Yesterday I was on the fine line between sanity and going totally nuts.  Needless to say I cried so much yesterday that I had two puffy eyes this morning.

We realized recently we owe close to $1000 in medical expenses from last year.  We also need to have repair work done on my Lady Bug (VW Beetle) that is about $500.  Then over the weekend our fridge which is probably about 30 years old decided to quit working and then my husbands wonderful Uncle Donnie passed away last night.

That sounds like a bad country western song right?  WRONG.  Praise God for tax return season.  We are getting enough back to pay off all of our medical expense, get my repairs done on the car, get a new fridge and save for another emergency.  Because as you know Murphy's Law will strike again and when you least expect it!

So how does this all entail me being a skinny girl trapped in a fat body....through all of this I did very little emotional eating and I worked out like a crazy woman!  I think the treadmill and stair climber have had their fair share of me.

I am doing the Couch to 5K program to help build my endurance and strength to become a half marathon runner and today I started week 4 day 1.  It called to walk for 5 minutes to warm up, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, and then cool down for 5 minutes of walking.   This fatty hasn't ran for 5 minutes straight since high school (coming up on 20 years...where did that time go).  Today was so emotional for me with this run...I did something a year ago I never dreamed of...I ran for 5 minutes 2 times and 3 minutes 2 times. It was tough and I wanted to quit and I swore I was going to puke but I didn't.  Thank God for running on an empty stomach (well several hours after my egg beater omelet) because I would have lost it.  Plus with the outflow of blessing that I realized we have with our tax refund being able to help us out.

Good news today too....Andy found out that the tumor in his leg was not cancerous and he's healing well.  He is still having a hard time getting around but he's healing and will have a full recovery.  At this point in time he's set to go back to work on March 14th.

I've realized that no matter what life throws at me I can't turn to food to solve my problems. I need to turn to the Lord first, healthy foods and then the treadmill

No comments: